Pauline • Link
from L&M Companion
(which lists three Swan Taverns: Dowgate, New Palace Yard, Old Fish St.)
Swan, Dowgate. Tavern on w. side of Dowgate Hill, south out of Cannon St to (Upper) Thames st, a few door south of the church of St John. Kept (at least 1641-66) by Thomas Cox, vintner. 12 hearths, 1666. Burnt in the Fire; still unbuilt in 1671 when a rebuilding lease was obtained.