Stevenage is a town and borough in Hertfordshire, England, roughly 32.9 miles (50 km) north of central London. Stevenage may derive from Old English stiþen āc / stiðen āc / stithen ac meaning '(place at) the stiff oak'. Stevenage lies near the line of the Roman road from Verulamium to Baldock. Stevenage's prosperity came in part from the North Road, which was turnpiked in the early 18th century. Many inns in the High Street served the stage coaches, 21 of which passed through Stevenage each day in 1800. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevenage
The overlays that highlight 17th century London features are approximate and derived from:
Open location in Google Maps: 51.905136, -0.191664
Chart showing the number of references in each month of the diary’s entries.