The overlays that highlight 17th century London features are approximate and derived from Wenceslaus Hollar’s maps:
Open location in Google Maps: 51.515887, -0.112040
The street had the name before the court of Chancery had any prominence. It was "Chancellor's Lane," and the office of the Chancery was at "The Rolls," the former "Domus Conversorum" or "House of [Jewish] Converts." The site is now the library of King's College, formerly the Public Record Office. Lincoln's Inn is across the street, where it moved about 1420 from Holborn.
Chart showing the number of references in each month of the diary’s entries.