1893 text

Thomas Pepys, probably the son of Thomas Pepys of London (born, 1595), brother of Samuel’s father, John Pepys.

This text comes from a footnote on a diary entry in the 1893 edition edited by Henry B. Wheatley.

2 Annotations

First Reading

David Quidnunc  •  Link

His job and close family members

Cousin Thomas Pepys owned a "hardware shop" in St. Paul's churchyard, according to O.F. Moreshead's "The Diary of Samuel Pepys: Illustrated Edition" (1960 edition), p xix. Pepys calls him a "turner."

His father was Thomas Pepys of St. Alphage's parish, London (d. 1676), and he apparently had a sister (name unknown) and a brother, Charles, a joiner.

vincent  •  Link

Pepys, Thomas (cousin)
born 1620 Eaton Cambs"Thomas the Turner." AB
Prospered as a trader with the West Indies, making several voyages there. The last trace of him is returning from Jamaica some time after Pepys funeral. The Diary of Samuel Pepys Vol X Latham.

brothers John(1622-1702 of chatham) ,Charles(the joiner1631-1702? creed st. Stephany),sister Mary (1626-1667 mar. Samuel de Santhuns 1662 French church )
[His father was Thomas Pepys of St. Alphage

Log in to post an annotation.

If you don't have an account, then register here.


Chart showing the number of references in each month of the diary’s entries.