At Groups.io we have two groups:
- Diary of Samuel Pepys - Discussion, the main group, for discussing things about Pepys’ life and times
- Samuel Pepys’ Diary Entries, a “sub-group”, for receiving daily diary entries by email
Because of how Groups.io works, in order to join the Diary Entries group you must also join the Discussion "sub-group". However, you can turn off the Discussion group’s emails if you don’t want to receive them.
Send an email to email@example.com
You should receive an email from Groups.io asking you to confirm your address. Reply to that email as instructed.
You’ll receive two emails welcoming you to both of the groups.
If you don’t wish to receive emails from the main Discussion group you can change your subscription settings:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll receive a confirmation email – reply to this to confirm the change.
Sorry that this is a bit complicated. If you have difficulty, do email me.
There are a variety of RSS feeds available for different parts of the site (learn more about feeds at AboutFeeds.com):
- RSS feed of the most recent Diary entries.
- RSS feed of the most recent topics created in the Encyclopedia section.
- RSS feed of the most recent articles posted to the In-Depth Articles section.
- RSS feed of posts in Site News with information about changes to the site, and Pepys-related news.
The @samuelpepys Twitter account updates several times a day with excerpts from that day’s diary entry.
The @email@example.com Mastodon account features the same texts, at the same times, as the Twitter account.