Last year St Olave, Pepys’ local church, held a series of talks. They’re doing the same again this year, with one every month. Here’s the schedule of the remaining talks for 2009:
- 6 April: Pepys and John Evelyn (1620-1706)
- 11 May: Pepys and Andrew Marvell (1621-1678)
- 1 June: Pepys and John Bunyan (1628-1688)
- 6 July: Pepys and 1667
- 7 September: Pepys and John Dryden (1631-1700)
- 5 October: Pepys and The Royal Society (founded 1660)
- 2 November: Pepys and Aphra Behn (1640-1689)
- 7 December: Pepys and Daniel Defoe (1660-1731)
Food is served from 6.15pm with the event starting at 6.45pm. Tickets are £12 on the door or can be booked from Phil Manning on 020 7488 4318.
The church is on Hart Street, London, EC3R 7NB. Here’s a map.
You can also download a PDF flyer.
If anyone goes along, do post a comment to let us know how it goes.