The King’s Head, Greenwich, “the great musique house” -- Sir Thomas Rutherford of Hunthill, 2nd Baron Rutherford and his mistress may have lived there during the plague. Pepys appears to have enjoyed their food. An L&M annotation for 21 August, 1663 notes the Inn may have had an organ. Beginning in 1649 "the Puritans removed organs from places of worship (so that in 1660 there were more in taverns than in churches) and closed the playhouses.”
Chart showing the number of references in each month of the diary’s entries.