Sarcen's Head Inn
"On the north side of Snow Hill, west of St. Sepulchre's Church, in Farringdon Ward Without (S. 387, ed. 1603~Lockie, 1816).
"Sersyns Head " mentioned 1522 in an account of the preparations for the reception of the Emperor Chas. V. as having 30 beds, stalls for four horses (Wheatley).
Removed for the formation of Holborn Viaduct and its approaches 1868."
From: 'Sarcen's Head Inn', A Dictionary of London (1918). URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp?com.... Date accessed: 31 July 2005.