Map

The overlays that highlight 17th century London features are approximate and derived from:

1893 text

Bugden, or Buckden, a village and parish in the St. Neots district of Huntingdonshire, four miles S.W. of Huntingdon.


This text comes from a footnote on a diary entry in the 1893 edition edited by Henry B. Wheatley.

3 Annotations

Bill  •  Link

Bugden, or Buckden, a village and parish in the St. Neots district of Huntingdonshire, four miles S.W. of Huntingdon.
---Wheatley, 1899.

Terry Foreman  •  Link

Buckden is a village and civil parish 3.7 miles (6.0 km) north of St Neots and 4 miles (6.4 km) south-west of Huntingdon. Buckden is in Huntingdonshire which is a non-metropolitan district of Cambridgeshire as well as a historic county of England. The small hamlets of Stirtloe and Hardwick are also in the parish of Buckden. Buckden is situated close to three major transport networks. The River Great Ouse forms the eastern boundary of the parish; the Great North Road used to pass right through the centre of the village. In the centre of Buckden is Buckden Palace which was a former residence of the bishops of Lincoln from the 12th century through to the early 19th century. A number of Kings of England have stayed at Buckden Palace and Catherine of Aragon was held there in 1533 before being moved to Kimbolton Castle in 1534.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckden,_Cambridg...

Log in to post an annotation.

If you don't have an account, then register here.

References

Chart showing the number of references in each month of the diary’s entries.

1661

1662

1664

1666

  • Apr

1668