Sir Henry Mildmay, a regicide, owned the house since 1619. His son-in-law, Sir Robert Brooke lived there from 1662-7. It was replaced around 1715 by another which was in turn pulled down in 1823. It is now the site of Wanstead Park.
The overlays that highlight 17th century London features are approximate and derived from Wenceslaus Hollar’s maps:
Open location in Google Maps: 51.569174, 0.032959
Wanstead House and the Parklands
Wanstead Hall was the manor house for the Manor of Wanstead, now in the London Borough of Redbridge but historically in the county of Essex. It was later demolished to make way for the construction of Wanstead House.
Wanstead House was a mansion built to replace the earlier Wanstead Hall. It was commissioned in 1715, completed in 1722 and demolished in 1825. Its gardens now form the municipal Wanstead Park in the London Borough of Redbridge. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanstead_House
Chart showing the number of references in each month of the diary’s entries.