The map shows the location of the college until 1666, when it was destroyed by fire.
The overlays that highlight 17th century London features are approximate and derived from Wenceslaus Hollar’s maps:
Open location in Google Maps: 51.514401, -0.100787
"The Royal College of Physicians [created] by Royal charter of King Henry VIII in 1518....[had as its] main functions...to grant licenses to those qualified to practice and to punish unqualified practitioners and those engaging in malpractice. This included apothecaries as well as physicians. In 1523 an Act of Parliament extended the College's influence and licensing powers from London to the whole of England.
"In addition to issuing advice on grave threats to health such as plague and cholera, the College made important contributions to the development of medical literature and education. The publication by the College of the first of ten editions of the London Pharmacopoeia in 1618 provided a cornerstone for regulating the composition of medicines that was to last until 1864.
"Later in the seventeenth century the College became the licensing body for medical books, and sought to set new standards in learning through its own system of examinations." http://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/college/about_history.…
The Royal College of Physicians was located in Amen Corner prior to 1666. That building having been destroyed by the Fire, the College was newly situated on the west side of Warwick Lane in 1682.
"Amen Corner, London, [was at] the end of Paternoster Row, where the monks finished their Pater Noster, on Corpus Christi Day, as they went in procession to St. Paul’s Cathedral. They began in Paternoster Row with the Lord’s prayer in Latin, which was continued to the end of the street; then said Amen, at the corner or bottom of the Row; then turning down Ave-Maria Lane, commenced chanting the 'Hail, Mary!' then crossing Ludgate, they chanted the Credo. Amen Lane no longer exists." 'Phrase and Fable'. http://www.bartleby.com/81/626.html
Amen Corner, identified as such was located at the intersection of Paternoster Row and Ave-Maria Lane near the upper left-hand corner of this segment of the 1746 Rocque map. http://www.motco.com/map/81002/SeriesSearchPlates…
Chart showing the number of references in each month of the diary’s entries.