On Tower Hill, south from No.50 Great Tower Street to 46 Lower Thames Street (P.O. Directory). Earliest mention: 1680 (Ct. H.W. II. 776).
From: 'Tower Dock', A Dictionary of London (1918). URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.asp?compi…. Date accessed: 06 August 2005.
Obviously, A Dictionary of London (1918) was mistaken about the date of the "earliest mention"; but perhaps the 1893 Wheatley edition of the Diary hadn't yet been read thoroughly.