Newport Pagnell is a town in Buckinghamshire, England. The town was first mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Neuport, Old English for "New Market Town", but by that time the old Anglo-Saxon town was dominated by the Norman invaders. The suffix "Pagnell" came later when the manor passed into the hands of the Pagnell (Paynel) family. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newport_Pagnell
The overlays that highlight 17th century London features are approximate and derived from Wenceslaus Hollar’s maps:
Open location in Google Maps: 52.086825, -0.722279
Chart showing the number of references in each month of the diary’s entries.