The location on the map is that of Hercules Pillars Alley.
The overlays that highlight 17th century London features are approximate and derived from Wenceslaus Hollar’s maps:
Open location in Google Maps: 51.513714, -0.110558
The Crown was located just behind 22-28 Fleet Street, between the street and the river.
The landlord, William King, must have been in his fifties or older, because he had been recorded on a tithes list (a tax list) in 1638 when also living in Hercules Pillars Alley.
Source: “Taverns and Tokens of Pepys London” (1976) by George Berry, page 67.
Chart showing the number of references in each month of the diary’s entries.