Cumgranissalis • Link
Banbury cross and its hot buns:
"...During the period of the Reformation Banbury had three crosses. The High Cross, otherwise known as the Market Cross, was situated in Cornhill, just off the Market Place. This was a focal point used for public proclamations. It had a flight of eight steps with a single shaft of carved stone 20 feet high on top, and was probably referred to as far back as 1478. ..."
other ref: House of Lords
"...On 26th July 1600 the 3 Pagan Crosses were Destroyed by the Puritans..."