Pauline • Link
from L&M Companion
A hamlet of Stepney, Middlesex, on the w. bank of the Lea, some 3 miles from the Standard in Cornhill, to which Pepys and his wife often went by coach to take the air. It was important as a source of market garden produce for the city. In 1664, with Old Ford, it had about 170 houses.