After the Restoration the Spring Garden at Charing Cross was called the Old Spring Garden, the ground built upon, and the entertainments removed to the New Spring Garden at Lambeth, since called Vauxhall. Pepys preferred the new Spring Garden to the old one.
---London, Past and Present. H.B. Wheatley, 1891.
Chart showing the number of references in each month of the diary’s entries.