Clement • Link
Appointed Dean of Lincoln in 1660.
Exiled to Utrecht during the Interregnum, where he collected a magnificent library. On his appointment he found he had too many books for Lincoln Cathedral's partially ruined mediaeval Library (built in 1420's; damaged by fire in 1609). Finally in 1674 he invited Christopher Wren to design a room for his 5000+ books and all the others belonging to the Chapter. He paid a local builder, William Evison,