Glyn • Link
The Crown was located just behind 22-28 Fleet Street, between the street and the river. At the time of this entry William King must have been in his fifties or older, because he had been recorded on a tithes list (a tax list) back in 1638 when also living in Hercules Pillars Alley.
Source: “Taverns and Tokens of Pepys London” (1976) by George Berry, page 67.
Chart showing the number of references in each month of the diary’s entries.