Friday 15th January 2010
Samuel Pepys’ local church near the Tower of London, St Olave’s, has been hosting talks about their famous former parishioner for some time and are about to launch a new series to commemorate the 350th anniversary of the start of the diary.
Each talk will look at a month’s worth of the diary from 1660. You can download a flyer from this page, but here’s the basic information:
- Monday 18 January: The Diary Begins
- Monday 1 February: Pepys and January 1660
- Monday 1 March: Pepys and February 1660
- Monday 12 April: Pepys and March 1660
- Monday 10 May: Pepys and April 1660
- Monday 7 June: Pepys and May 1660
- Monday 5 July: Pepys and June/July 1660
- Monday 29 November: Pepys and the Royal Society
Food is served from 6.15pm and the events start at 6.45pm. £15 on the door or contact Phil Manning (admin.stolave [at] me [dot] com, or 020 7488 4318). The address is St Olave Church, Hart Street, London EC3R 7NB.