Thursday 29th June 2006
I’ve spent the evening trying to work out why “Internal Server Errors” are generated so often when annotations are posted. I’ve tried simplifying the templates Movable Type uses to generate the site’s pages, to the point of reverting to the software’s default, very simple, templates. Although I saw some improvement I was still seeing errors around 10-20% of the time.
I think that the Recent Annotations page was one of the bigger causes of the problem, and for the moment that page won’t be updating. I realise this is annoying, and before long I may find a way of creating this that doesn’t impact on the comment-posting process.
In the meantime, please be patient. I’ve posted a message to ProNet, and hopefully someone will have some ideas there. I’d be interested to know if you find things better or worse sense I switched off the Recent Annotations page — post your thoughts below or to the new discussion group.