The house is described in A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 3:
The first Sir John Bennet lived at Uxbridge but his successors occupied Dawley House, which stood on the site used in 1959 as a car-park in the E.M.I. factory grounds on the west of Dawley Road. It may be assumed to have always been the manorhouse. Sir John Bennet, 1st Lord Ossulston, probably rebuilt the house or made large alterations to it: he was assessed for sixteen hearths in the parish in 1664 and for 27 some years later. A print of 1695-1714 shows an imposing house built round a court-yard in two stories, with attics in a steeply pitched roof, and with nine bays on the south front. There were extensive out-buildings on the east by the road, and formal gardens to the south and west. The 18th-century park was also formed by the Bennets. Robert Corbet had 36 acres of wood in Dawley in 1200, and in 1515 Richard Aubrey of Dawley converted 100 acres to pasture. In 1657 there seem to have been some 200 acres attached to the house apart from farm-lands. In 1690 John, Lord Ossulston, received licence to impark 300 acres and the print of 1695-1714 shows a great double avenue stretching away to the north. Dawley Road, however, seems from the print to have curved round the north side of the house so that the avenue lay beyond. In 1707 Charles, Lord Ossulston, apparently contemplated inclosing part of a road from Hillingdon Common to Harlington, and he may in fact have moved the road away from the house to the boundary of his land and of the parish. Certainly Dawley Road followed its later line along the boundary by the time a map of the park was drawn between 1714 and 1722. This shows extensive formal gardens and plantations, with avenues radiating in all directions over the park, which comprised the whole of the parish north of the approximate line of Bourne Avenue. This area seems to have comprised about 245 acres, though the park was said at some date in the 18th century to cover 373 acres. It was then stocked with 750 head of deer.
The map location is a rough guess, with one source placing the house just north of the junction of Dawley Road and North Hyde Road.