The French Protestant Church was founded by Edward VI. in the church of St. Anthony’s Hospital in Threadneedle Street. This was destroyed in the Great Fire, and rebuilt, but demolished for the approaches of the new Royal Exchange. The church was then removed to St. Martin’s-le-Grand, but this was also removed in 1888 to make room for the new Post Office buildings.
This text comes from a footnote on a diary entry in the 1893 edition edited by Henry B. Wheatley.