Pauline • Link
from L&M Companion
Ship 'behind the Exchange'. Old and large tavern on n. side of Threadneedle St, just west of Bartholomew Lane and two doors east of the Crown; its site in now part of the Bank of England. Kept by Charles Young, vintner (d.1663), after him by his widow. Burnt in the Fire and rebuilt. 20 hearths, 1664.