Alan Bedford • Link
According to the listing in Pepys' "Miscellanies," Assurance was a 4th-Rate (by size) fighting ship, 89 feet in length, 26 feet 10 inches in breadth, 342 tons. Her full complement was 150 men and 32 guns.
Assurance was built in 1646 at Peter Pett's shipyard in Woolwich.
Assurance sank at Woolwich in a storm about 8 December 1660, but was refloated about 17 December, and continued in Navy service until she was sold in 1698.