Location of the old church is approximate. This church was…
…located in Prebend End dated from before 1445 but no records have been found before this date apart from a reference to it in the Domesday Book. It had a history of the tower and spire collapsing several times and in 1776 it collapsed for the final time. Browne Willis had a great desire to restore the church to its former glory following the last repairs in 1698, but the new spire was too ambitious.
It was then replaced by a new church further up the hill.